Monday, April 4, 2011

Pictures that lie


I chose three pictures: an angel’s halo, a volcano crater and one of my own photos. I like to watch the volcanoes in discovery channel so I chose it. As for the angel’s halo, there is no particular reason. I chose it just for fun. Both the angel’s halo and the volcano are from Google image. Since the homework is not for any business proposes, I guess I could use them.

First, I used the magnetic lasso and the magic eraser tool to select my figure from the image. Then I put it into the volcano and use wind style to adjust the volcano crater so it looks a bit super realistic. After that, I blurred the all picture and added an angel halo just make the photo look funnier. Last, I made the angel’s halo transparent.

I find the blur effect is kind of harmful and unnecessary. Because it makes the whole image looks very vague, I canceled it.

In the article, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator techniques, the author mentioned that “It is advisable to save the image as a ‘raw’ Photoshop file, with the separate layers, etc., so that it can be used again with all the information intact.” This suggestion is very helpful. It allowed me to easily revise my image several times. Otherwise, I will have to input the original photos every time I try to make a change.

Citation
McLean, Dee. "Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator Techniques." Journal of Audiovisual Media in Medicine 24.2 (2001): 79-82. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment